Return to: Connections
After a connection type is created, you can create connections on the post editing screen.
When adding or editing an entry to a content type involved in this connection type, you will be able to connect or disconnect other posts (or users, depending on the connection type) to that entry.
If the connection type has been added as a field, it will appear in its field group. Otherwise, it will appear in its own box in the right sidebar.
To create a connection:
- Click the + Create Connections button. A box will appear below the button with a search box and a list of paginated posts that are available for connection.
- Navigate the list to find the post or user you want to connect to, or use the search box.
- Click the title of the post. After a moment, the post will be connected.
Existing connections will appear in a table above the + Create Connections button. You have the following options:
- Disconnect (delete) a connection by clicking the minus symbol next to the connection. (Note that both entries involved in the connection will not be deleted, only the connection between them.)
- Disconnect all connections by clicking the minus symbol at the top of the table.
- Rearrange connections by clicking and dragging the move symbol that appears when you hover over a connection. Note: rearranging isn’t available for connection types that involve the same content type on both sides; for example, a “Related Pages” connection type that connects Pages to other Pages.
All connections are a reciprocal two-way street: once you connect one post to another, if you then go to the other post’s editing screen, you will see the connection there, and can disconnect it from there as well.