Return to Taxonomies
The main Taxonomies screen is where you can view all existing taxonomies. It can be reached two ways:
- Go to Creator > Taxonomies
- Go to Creator > Home, then click on “Taxonomies” in the list of components
Once here, click on a taxonomy’s name to go to the edit screen for that taxonomy, or click “Add New” to add a new taxonomy.
Near the top of the screen, there are links for “Available” and “Built-In” taxonomies. ”Available” refers to taxonomies you’ve created with SmartSimian. “Built-In” refers to taxonomies added by WordPress, your other plugins, or your theme. These taxonomies cannot be edited directly, but they are listed for reference.
The following information is displayed for each taxonomy:
- Name – the name you’ve given the taxonomy
- Description – optional description or notes about the taxonomy
- Related Content Types – the content type(s) assigned to this taxonomy