Return to: Content Types
The main Content Type screen is where you can view all existing content types. It can be reached two ways:
- Go to Creator > Content
- Go to Creator > Home, then click on “Content” in the list of components
Once here, click on a content type’s name to go to the edit screen for that content type, or click “Add New” to add a new content type.
Near the top of the screen, there are links for “Available” and “Built-In” content types. “Available” refers to content types you’ve created with SmartSimian. “Built-In” refers to content types added by WordPress, your other plugins, or your theme.
Built-In content types cannot be edited directly, but they are listed for reference, and as other sections will describe, you can use them when creating fields, taxonomies, connections, queries, templates, and submission forms.
The following information is displayed for each content type:
- Name – the name you’ve given the content type
- Description – optional description or notes about the content type
- Fields – the names of any field groups assigned to the content type
- Taxonomies – the names of any taxonomies assigned to the content type
- Connections – the names of any connection types that involve the content type
- Templates – the names of any templates built for the content type (only if Templates is installed)
- Icon – the icon given to the content type