- Make a backup of your WordPress site.
- Install the latest AE Base Version (you will receive a copy of this plugin when you purchase AE 3.0 from pongos.com).
- From the plugins menu deactivate and delete the previous version of AE and all custom extensions that reside inside AE’s root (keep your version of template pack)
- From the plugins menu active AE Base
- Once AE Base is installed and activated, the admin user will be redirected to the Association Engine admin dashboard.
- Enter your license code for AE base and save.
- Once your license is verified you can automatically install your add-on extensions. Go to the Extension and Template Pack dropdown and check off each extension you wish to install.
- The templates should automatically install and activate.
- Enter your license code for all the AE extensions and save.
- Double check all settings. If you are upgrading from earlier AE version, settings will still be populated.
- Note: Global CSS will mostly need to change to reference the new AE directory. Verify that the URLs in this css file are correct.
Need to get started with WordPress in record time? Watch our 2-hour WordPress Crash Course. We update this video, and the slides, every few months.
The following guide will help you with a minimum AE setup allowing users to create an account, login, and maintain account information.